Tuesday, April 28, 2015
I had some other spare paracord and an old tobacco tin so I decided to tie another case. The OD paracord is poly instead of nylon, but the tan is nylon. For the spine or edge of the case I used a double cobra weave. I put in a couple of extra lengths of cord through the middle of the double cobra weave to make it wider to comfortably fit the tin box. Then I used the extra cord from the edging to weave the sides. The last thing I did was tie a single strand star knot to act as a button for closure. This design was mostly inspire by this project by Stormdrane.
Friday, April 24, 2015
I have made a case like this once before for my leatherman. I had some left over cord so I decided to make a case for an Altoids tin box. The outside edge is a double Solomon Bar. Then I just used the extra cord from the Solomon bars to make the weaves back and forth for the sides. The button on the side is a single strand star knot. I probably made it too tight because its sort of a pain to get in and out, but it'll work itself a little more loose over time. Reference: Stormdrane
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
I've been away from tying for a while, so therefore I needed to replenish my inventory with some horn knots. I tied these from Solid Braided Nylon 3/16". I tied 4 small horn knots and 1 big horn knot. The first picture shows the smaller horn knots before they are tightened and ends trimmed. Second picture shows the final result of the small horn knots. And the last picture shows the big horn knot, which is not tightened. This is because the final result is tied around a saddle horn instead of a hollow core.