Older posts are in a list on the left or at the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Nylon Horn Knots

I've been away from tying for a while, so therefore I needed to replenish my inventory with some horn knots. I tied these from Solid Braided Nylon 3/16". I tied 4 small horn knots and 1 big horn knot. The first picture shows the smaller horn knots before they are tightened and ends trimmed. Second picture shows the final result of the small horn knots. And the last picture shows the big horn knot, which is not tightened. This is because the final result is tied around a saddle horn instead of a hollow core.









1 comment:

  1. Hello - I am trying to learn how to braid (small horn knots) and came across your blog. Can you advise where you purchase the 3/16" Solid braided nylon? I am practicing braiding with standard paracord, but it is not stiff at all, and not what I need for a horn knot, which needs to be stiff. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete