Older posts are in a list on the left or at the bottom of the page.

Friday, April 18, 2014

Leatherman Case

I completed this project about a year ago. I saw an example that Stormdrane had done and some others around the internet and decided to give it a try. I have seen some people make a wooden block to tie around, which is a very smart idea, but I just did mine with the tool inside. The edge of the case is a king cobra knot or large Solomon knot. The middle is just a basic basket weave. And the knot on the top is a diamond stopper knot.

Both sides of the basket weave and the green strand used in the king cobra knot are all one strand of paracord. I did this in order to mitigate the number of burned ends that show.

After a year of having is bounce around in bags, toolboxes, and being dropped on the ground, it has stood strong and kept its shape very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment